Deal Search and Coupons FAQ
Deal Mania is not just about getting entries into the sweepstakes, it’s also about finding great deals to save you money on everyday items like clothing, home decor, toys, pet supplies, and automotive products.
There are hundreds of saving opportunities online on any given day, but many people don’t take advantage of them, for several reasons:
- they don’t know these opportunities exist
- they know about them, but haven’t found an easy way to sift through what’s out there to quickly find deals they actually would use
- they are uncertain how to go about redeeming deals online
Now, thanks to Deal Mania’s Deal Search, taking advantage of great deals online is quick, easy and painless!
Choose from the topics below to find out more.
Deal Search is a quick and easy way to find deals online.
Simply type keywords describing what you are looking for, such as names of store and brands, or categories like car rentals or home electronics. Deal Mania will search its network of merchants to find you the most relevant deals.
All deals are valid on the day you search, so you don’t spend a lot of time sifting through coupons that you don’t care about or that are expired.
No matter what kind of search you do, don’t forget that Deal Mania displays about four deals at a time, but there are often several pages of results. Just click on the Next button to go to the next page.
There are several tips that you can use to make your Deal Search as effective as possible. Read on to find out what they are.
The search box looks like this:
In the area that says “Search for deals by store, brand or category”, start typing the name of a store, brand, category, or any other words that come to mind.
Here’s what happens when you start typing:
- Deal Mania will automatically present suggestions that start with the letters you type, to save you time so you don’t have to type the entire phrase.
- If what you are looking for appears in this list of suggestions, click on it with the mouse to select it and Deal Mania will automatically display deals based on your selection.
- If what you are looking for does not appear in the list of suggestions, when you are finished typing the name, click below the search box to cancel out the list of suggestions, then click on the Search button. Deal Mania will automatically display the deals that match this keyword.
- The search results display about four deals at a time, but often there will be dozens more! Just click on the Next link to go to the next page.
If you are interested in deals from a particular brand or store, here are some tips to make your search more efficient:
- Start by being as specific as you can. Type that model and brand as keywords. Who knows, maybe there’s an online store offering a discount on this very item today!
- No luck on the first try? Give it another chance, maybe check your spelling (for brand names in particular, it matters if there is a space or not between words) or try using a shorter phrase.
- Still no luck? Use keywords that are a little more generic. Maybe type just the brand and not the model, or use a category like “cameras” or “shoes”. There could be an awesome deal on something very similar to what you were originally looking for.
Your heart is set on finding a deal for that specific model and brand, and nothing else? If there’s none right now, try again soon… there are new deals every day!
If you are looking for deals on a particular item, but are not particular about which brand is offering the deal, here are some tips to make your search more efficient:
- Type keywords that describe the item and start by being as specific as you can, like “running shoes” or “digital cameras”.
- No luck on the first try? Give in another chance, maybe check your spelling or try a shorter phrase.
- Still no luck? There’s a few more things you can try… Use synonyms or broaden the category, for example type “shoes” instead of “running shoes” or “cameras” instead of “digital cameras”.
Didn’t find deals on this item? Try again soon… there are new deals every day!
If you’re looking for gift ideas, surfing Deal Search is a great way to find inspiration, and all the ideas you find will be on special!
Here are some tips for random surfing:
- There are brand and store logos at the bottom of the Deal Search tab. Click on them to see what’s currently on promotion.
- Also at the bottom of the Deal Search tab, there are links to common coupon categories. You can surf around by clicking on these links.
You’ll be surprised at how many online offers there are on any given day. And there are new ones every day!
The deals you find using Deal Mania are online coupon. They are very similar to a regular coupon, with a merchant logo and a description of the promotional offer.
Because it is meant to be used on the internet, it also contains links and buttons that perform specific actions. Deal Mania coupons have links that will take you directly to the web site of the merchant offering the savings, so you can shop and redeem the coupon right away.
Some coupons work with a code. In this case, shoppers are expected to provide the code at checkout, and it is important to keep a copy of it somewhere until then.
So, in Deal Mania when you click on a Get Code coupon, you will first see a window asking you to take note of the code, as illustrated below.
For more detail, see section “Tell me more about how Get Code coupons work”, below.
Regular coupons will have an Activate button instead of a Get Code button. In this case, simply click on the link to go to the merchant’s site. Once on this site, shop as you normally would, and you will get the discount automatically at checkout.
For more information, see sections “I’m on the merchant site, but I don’t see my deal!” and “How does a typical online checkout process work?”, below.
Coupons of type Get Code are a little different from regular coupons. Below is a step-by-step walkthrough of what happens when Deal Search presents you with Get Code coupons.
The coupon will have an orange Get Code button in the bottom left-hand corner, as illustrated below.
Click on the Get Code button. The system will display a coupon code window, as illustrated below. The coupon code is the text in bold red color.
Take note of the code:
- Codes are sometimes case-sensitive, so if you write it down on a piece of paper, double-check that you write the uppercase letters as uppercase.
- You can also save the code to your computer’s clipboard through a normal cut-and-paste operation.
Once you have the code saved somewhere, click on the link in the coupon code window. This will display a new code window as well as the merchant’s web site. Close the new code window.
You can now shop on the merchant’s web site and redeem the coupon by providing the code during checkout.
Or, if you prefer to shop later, you can return to search for more deals in Deal Mania by closing the merchant’s web site window and clicking on the Deal Search tab.
For a description of a typical checkout process where you would be asked to provide the coupon code, see the section “How does a typical online checkout process work?”, below.
If you haven’t done a lot of online shopping before, it may seem a little daunting, but it’s not as complicated as it seems.
This section describes how to find the items to purchase.
Each online store works a little differently, but there are some general guidelines:
- When you follow the links from a Deal Mania coupon, you’ll arrive at a merchant’s web site.
- All web sites are different, but they all usually offer two ways of finding a piece of merchandise:
- They’ll group their items into categories, for example a furniture store would have a section on kitchen furniture, one on living room furniture and so on. Click on each section and sub-section until you find exactly the item you’re interested in.
- They’ll have a search window where you can type keywords like “chairs” and “beds”. When the item you’re interested in appears in the search results, click on it.
- Once you’ve located the item, there will be a button or a link that says something like “Buy Now” or “Add to Shopping Cart”. Click on this link… this only means you are interested in buying the item, you won’t be charged yet and you can still change your mind.
At this point, there will be a button or a link for starting the check-out process; it’s often something like “Pay Now” or “Checkout”.
For a description of a typical checkout proces see the section “How does a typical online checkout process work?”, below.
The online checkout process is a series of steps where you are asked to provide several pieces of information; all through this process, you can still change your mind. Here’s the information your normally have to provide:
- Your name and contact information
- The address where the item is to be delivered
- Your credit card information
If the merchant offers promotions based on coupon code, you will be asked to provide the code on one of the checkout step. There will be a box for you to enter the code your copied down from Deal Mania earlier.
The last step of the checkout process is where you confirm that you are certain about making the purchase and authorize the merchant to charge your credit card.
That’s it! Once you’ve accepted, the item is officially yours and you can expect it in the mail. If you’ve provided an email account during checkout, you will usually receive a confirmation email and tracking number, so you can prove you made the purchase and make enquiries about delivery status.
Happy online shopping and saving using Deal Mania deals!